Thursday, December 31, 2009

Called to Serve



He was ready. The poor kid had been waiting for nearly 6 months. He had never even missed over a year's worth of mission preps. He listened to Dutch in his car. But even as I watched him leave, tears in his eyes, big smile on his face and luggage in hand, it didn't change the fact that my best little buddy is gone for 2 years!



I was lucky. For three months we played. I decorated his birthday cake just in the way he wanted. He come to my room every morning to wake me up so we could study the Book of Mormon together. We played frisbee golf. I gave him advice. He introduced me to music again after 18 silent months and we'd cruise around and listen in his honda.



We are blessed. Blessed to have a missionary and the blessings that will come into our home because of his service. The people in Belgium will be blessed to have the knowledge of the Great Plan of Happiness. He will be blessed to work hard and grow closer to the Lord. I am blessed for our time together, and to know that families are forever!

I will miss you, but right now that doesn't matter- GO FEED HIS SHEEP!

2 comments:

Ben and Lindsay said...

I didn't know you had a blog! yes I am blog stalking while Port is napping!

Liz Welker said...

bah.